Friday, October 5, 2007

Life is full of changes

After 9 years I have given notice to my full time job. I told them I have been asked to take my other job from part time to full time. There will be a severe pay cut and longer hours, but the benefits will be great! I have always had another job in addition to being Mom. Now, after almost 12 years of being a mom, I am going to try to slow down and focus on my family.

I feel like I need to take some classes or go to some training so I can learn to do all the things Moms are supposed to do. I'd settle for seeing a job description. John showed me one from the Ensign last night.
President Spencer W. Kimball (1895–1985): “To be a righteous woman during the winding up scenes on this earth, before the second coming of our Savior, is an especially noble calling. The righteous woman’s strength and influence today can be tenfold what it might be in more tranquil times. She has been placed here to help to enrich, to protect, and to guard the home—which is society’s basic and most noble institution. Other institutions in society may falter and even fail, but the righteous woman can help to save the home, which may be the last and only sanctuary some mortals know in the midst of storm and strife” (“Privileges and Responsibilities of Sisters,” Ensign, Nov. 1978, 103).
NO PRESSURE!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

So you'll be a full time mom now? Congrats! Don't forget to get some big people interaction every now and then. Give my niece and nephews hugs & kisses for me.

Bert Bananas said...

I hope you were vested!

Who can fault your decision. I'm still pretty much a kid, but I've watched two sets of kids grow up "overnight." Conservatively speaking, it's 18 years before Micaela goes off to college. You're going to look back in 18 years and wonder how the heck it passed so quickly! Thank goodness for digital cameras and the internet. Keep clicking and writing.

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that you made a blog so we can keep in touch better. Love your guts! -Christel

Lisa said...

Again, I'd do a happy jump if I could! We've got your back, call if you need us :)

Lisa said...

PS welcome to the blogging world!

Becca said...

I am so excited for you and while I can't offer training courses or expert instruction, I will be the shoulder across the street for you to cry on when needed!

Kristen said...

Wait, there's going to be crying?

Janae said...

Yea! I can't wait to have you around more. And yes, there will be crying. Tears of sorrow, but also tears of joy. All the tears are worth it!

Anonymous said...

gramma says this blog is the best love erica ..and mom