Thursday, November 15, 2007

A Good Day at Work

John and I went back to work Tuesday after our health issues. John found out that while he was working from the hospital, he won a contest. His prize was a 32" LCD TV! The same day I found out that the city budget I submitted for review to a national organization several months ago had won the Distinguished Budget Award. My prize is a plaque and national honors. My boss was very excited and bragged on me to the mayor and city council. He also keeps lamenting the fact that I'm leaving.

I realized that very soon my accolades will change from certificates and plaques to refrigerator art and wildflowers (or flowering weeds). Instead of sexual harassment training, I will have unlimited hugs and kisses. Instead of family pictures on my desk, I will have the real things to play with.

Can you tell I'm excited?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm excited to have you around the neighborhood more! Congratulations to both of you for winning. I'll have to come over and get your autographs! I never knew that they had an award for doing a great budget.

Lisa said...

Thanks Kristen, I needed to appreciate my family more today:) I'm still so excited for you too, when is the big day?

Lisa said...

Kristen, we've lost you, where did you go? You should totally post about your new skinny bod and all your projects. I hope Adam is feeling better. :)